Monday, September 24, 2012

Grow A Row For Someone You Don't Know

I don't have "Oprah money" and probably never will(sigh). But that does not mean I can't do my part, however small, to make things a little better. So every year I donate some of my agricultural success to a local enterprise that works to make sure there are fewer hungry people in the area. There are food deserts and people in need of fresh produce all over the U.S. It shouldn't be too hard to find some food bank, charitable organization, or individual(s) that would benefit from a share  of your abundance. And should you start to think that what you have to share isn't enough to make a difference, you would do well to remember the words of Mother Teresa, “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

No comments: