Thursday, September 20, 2012

Poor Man's Raised Bed

Pepper Patch September 2012
Pepper Patch June 2012
This is my pepper patch for this year. I would call it a raised bed except for the fact that I don't think the frame is quite as high as the ones you would purchase in a store. In fact, it's only eight inches high. It is the inside frame from the bottom of a piece of furniture that was at the end of its life. So I thought I would repurpose some of it. As you can see, it may be near the end of its life as the wind, rain and sun have certainly taken their toll and caused one side of the frame to collapse. This didn't have any effect on the peppers though. The jalapeños, pizza and sweet pepper plants are all doing just fine. And the hot, dry summer has given the jalapeños an extra kick that makes them extra delicious.

No comments: